ICF GHK has worked on the development of environmental policy and the integration of environmental objectives with those of other policies for many years. We are expert in:
- Application of theories of sustainable development and strategies for transition to a more resource-efficient, low carbon economy;
- the research, development and evaluation of policy instruments, including regulations, economic instruments and voluntary agreements;
understanding and exploiting the linkages between environmental policy and economic development, employment and skills policies in global, EU and UK contexts,
- governance of environmental problems and management systems;
- regulatory impact assessment;
- the design and evaluation of environmental support programmes.
We work at a global, EU, national and local level. We advise multi-lateral institutions, national and local governments, NGOs and businesses.
The appraisal and evaluation techniques we apply include:
- cost-effectiveness analysis
- valuation of environmental effects
- analysis of the costs of policy inaction
- development and use of environmental indicators.